Saturday, June 18, 2011

Upcoming 2011 Hubbard Reunion

Facebook has played a major part in people staying caught up with one another this year. Cousins we haven't seen in eons are available on line with pictures of family and it's a mini-reunion every day.

I tried to get everyone to share recipes but we Hubbard people don't like to take the time to write it down. I really would like to have the cabbage chop recipe and Kelly's chicken spaghetti. Maybe I'll be able to hogtie someone long enough to get it down on paper at our gathering.

We had family time in West Texas when we buried Dad in February. I (I should say we) were so blessed by our family during that time. Most of the people at the funeral were family and there's just nothing like having people around who loved Dad as much as we did. I miss him and Mom so much.

Aunt Betty is need of everyones prayers. She's still at Regional Hospital in Abilene. Deacon visited our son, Barry the other day who is living out at Cooper's Cove. That's where he found out she was in the hospital. But even then it was all wrong. He thought she was here in Colorado City.

Anyway, I called Aunt Jerry and sure enough she had the real scoop. I called Aunt Betty and she sounds really weak. She indicated she thought she might get to go home in a couple of days and was sure going to be at the reunion. So I was hopeful until I talked with Chip tonight who said PJ said Dr's were saying she might never leave the hospital. Now, what kind of thing is that to say!!!! Everyone, pray for Aunt Betty!

My understanding is she had four stints put in and needed corroded artery surgery they thought it was too dangerous at the time. Later they went back in to perform that surgery. She seemed okay but then started getting really sick. They took her to Regional because her liver numbers were very high. That's about all I know. Her room number is 325 428 2106. That's a direct line.

Aunt Jerry said as far as she knows everyone else is doing okay. She's expecting her whole family this year except Brenda. Brenda is having trouble with her foot and needs everyones prayers about that.

Tonya and Kalea are taking a missions trip to Romania this year and will be returning some time the weekend of the reunion. Chip doesn't know if that will make it possible for him to come. Jess and Tony are going to try to drive down for at least one night. As far as I know Connie, Wes, Deacon, and I are in for the long haul. Jenny promised to show up for a little while and CJ and Darla are thinking about coming. My daughter Cheryl is busy planning her wedding. Sure wish she'd show up with Ammie, her fiance, Brian and his little girl Haley. Some of you met him at the funeral. We're so happy for them and us!

I'm probably wishfully thinking that maybe if we schedule a time for taking pictures everyone will make a point to be there. The best picture we took was in 2007. My precious Daddy was in that picture. There were the largest number of people in it to date and I think almost everyone came for it.

I'm thinking that if we spread the word that we're going to take pictures immediately after lunch and before the auction we could get it done. I don't anyone likes to take them but they sure are a blessing to look back on. Hope everyone will help me out with it this year...please!!!!! Maybe if I make up a flier stating a time???...hmmm....maybe during the luau that Melanie is planning. LOL

I really like the idea of the cookie race that Jeff came up with. Of course there's always a singing going on with the Hubbards. Daddy loved those times. And I believe Uncle Ronnie did, too.

It's going to be great seeing everyone and just hanging out. I can't wait to get there!

No comments: