Tuesday, June 22, 2010

2010 Oakdale Reunion Highlights

Great to see 70 people make it to the reunion this year. Many weren't there and we missed seeing you all. It was long overdue for me. I hadn't been since 2007. Wouldn't it be crazy if everyone showed up one year? I'm not sure they have housing enough for us all but it would be grand, I think! Dad didn't make it this year. I saw him the other day and told him everyone asked about him. He said, "Yeah, I should've gone." I had a feeling he'd say that.

I can't say there was anything new going on (except poor Dillon was sent to the hospital in Ft. Worth) but just the same old fun stuff. Playing Phase 10 with Aunts and Uncles was a treat for me. Sunday night started off with musical instruments and singers showing up. It's always great to listen and hear them harmonizing.

Steve and Jamie started Monday out with a grand breakfast of sausage and egg burritos that fed all who ventured into the circle. Everyone just hung out and visited, played, games, went to the pool, and the river. Some went shopping and some cooked and we all ate! Everyone shows up when it's time to eat!

Some went to the lake and went tubing. That's too brutal a sport for me. I just hung out in the AC. I didn't even see the river this year so I didn't get any pics. Maybe someone else took some of the pool and river and will upload them and send me a link??????? hint, hint! I'm putting on a link to this year's pics but I'm keeping the previous group shot. I wasn't too fond of this year's pic.

Tues. a huge bunch of the family went to Dinasaur World. It's a new place featuring life-sized, moving dinasaurs and different relics and of course...souviniers. My grand children would love it.

The auction went well and it ended with a total of $872.00. However, $42.00 didn't make it into my hands. $5. was an addition error. $37.00 just didn't get paid. All-in-all it was a good auction. Aunt Betty brought this really cool coal-iron that I got for $45. I love it. Deacon said, "What are you going to do with it?" Sheeeesssh!

Kelly got Hubbard Reunion Account opened in Loraine. Deacon made the deposit this morning. It helped to have the debit card the year. As soon as I get the documentation of the deposit in my hands (Deacon's doing it for me. :))I'll write out and post the details of deposit and expenses for this year. We were going to deposit the money the day we drove back but we missed the bank being open by 10 minutes.

Sonny's family was represented by Deacon and Karen, Connie and Wes, Chip and Kalea. Connie's daughter, Jenny showed up for a couple of hours on Thurs. night with her two little ones, Avery and Sadie. Jenny also brought Nick along to meet family. Jenny and family just recently moved to Cleburn. Jenny is starting her new children's counseling center. (10)

Aunt Jerry and Uncle Dub had Jan, Jeff, Erick, Jamie, Jonna, Hunter, Heaven, (Walter...guest), Lillie and Lamanda's boys. Ronnie also brought his daughter, Cassie. (15)

Uncle Richard brought Don, Luke, and Kylie. (4)

Aunt Betty had a good number there but they were having so many health problems, it wore them out. Dillon was air-lifted to Fort Worth Hospital with a staff infection in his leg. Aunt Betty had Charlotte, Cricket, (Cricket's friend) Dillon, Tyler, Dusty, Stormie, Jaden (Charlie Brown's son) and Heather, Dixie, and Mikie came along, also. (13)

Uncle Don and Aunt Joyce's boys, Steve and Tim came. Tim brought a friend...Debbie and her son Matthew. Tim's son Tyler was with him, also. (6)

Aunt Joyce and Garland had the biggest crew there. Lauren, Ernest, Rachel, and Hannah. Kelly had Lauren and new baby boy, Leslie, Lacy, and Carson. Tracy and Tom were there with Jenny, Gino, Tracy's son, and Jessie. Heather and her fiance, Chase came and Chase's parents, Charles and Carla also attended. (22)

Next year's reunion is scheduled during July so we could get it scheduled back on a weekend. July 22, 23rd, and 24. Family room is rented for Fri. and Sat. I think! Will have to confirm that.

No comments: